Sunday 8 January 2017

Reaper of Egpyt, Finished

I spent a lot of time on the flesh and the cloth areas, as well as heaps of time on the base, but when I got to the metal sections, I found them pretty difficult to paint well, the detail was cast in unusual shapes and I didn't do a great job cleaning them up.

I decided not too long into the piece that I would do the bleeding effect from the eyes, but I then decided that his stupid reaching hand needed something as well.

Like I look at the finished model, and I am not actually unhappy with it.  In fact, I really like a lot of aspects of it.  I did a good job on the flesh, on the hair, and especially on the base.  I let myself down with the metallics, the blood effects were to try and distract from that, but the biggest issue I have is the model itself isn't great.










So we move on, learning some good lessons, and starting again on a fresh model!

No comments:

Post a Comment