Monday 2 January 2017

New Project: Egyptian Reaper

I started a new project a few days ago, one I am tentatively calling the Egyptian Reaper.


As you would know, I started putting together a base for the Atlantis guy, but when I put him on it, I felt like it detracted, rather than improved the model.  It was too much detail, too much happening.  So I put the base aside and planned to use it for something else.

When I finished Surt so quickly, I had a bit of time to start mucking around with the base more, and I started gluing things down and eventually realised it was going to be an Egyptian style base, with some dungeon type stuff at the bottom instead of an aquatic base, like I planned. Once I decided that, I went and looked through the models I had purchased, and tried to find one that might suit.  I came across one that was quite interesting and felt like it suited that style of base.


It is a model from Roberto Chaudon, called the Seeker, a really interesting model with a very unusual shape.  I like his sculpting style, it is quite unique and recognisable.



He looks a little Egyptian to me, but more importantly he has a lot of really clean shapes and lines for me to paint, without an overabundance of detail, giving me an opportunity to focus my painting on smoothness, and quality of the work.



I sized him up, pinned his feet and drilled holes for them in the base, and set about adding some more detail in a way that was subtle and natural.



I am happy with it, I juist need to sand down the sides fully smooth and I will be ready to paint the base.  I gap filled the Seeker himself also, so he is ready to paint too.



Onwards and upwards into this new year!

Cheers
Trent

No comments:

Post a Comment