Friday 13 January 2017

Judgement: Bastian

Earlier in the year I was involved in a the design of miniature game called Judgement, helping to write the core rules and design some of the characters.  After a while I began working on other projects, but work continued on Judgement.  It is now very close to Kickstarter (January 27th), and as part of the Kickstarter, the Judgement team have sculpted and cast a number of characters from the game.


Thanks to being involved, I've managed to get my hands on one of the very first runs of some of the models.  And as part of the Kickstarter, I've been asked to paint one of the models to show off alternate paint schemes!


Bastian Oriel is a Lorekeeper, and he has vast knowledge accumulated over many years of research. The left side of Bastian's face and left shoulder is covered in crystalline structures that are slowly creeping over his body. This is a result of a pact Bastian made with a Djinn who replaced his left eye with a Crystal of True Seeing.



Here is the 3D render of Bastian.  And here is the sculpt, in my hands!!!!





The material that the figures are cast in is a very nice quality resin, that holds the detail really well.  I know, I have painted and assembled a lot of resin models recently, and this is a really nice material to work with.  There was minimal flash that needed cleaning off, and a few mold lines.  The trickiest ones were under the arms into the armpits.






And here he is!  All filled and prepped and ready for painting, which will start tomorrow.



Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment