Saturday 10 December 2016

Mannaz, Finished

After finally getting home and spending some time relaxing, I found a little time to try finishing off my Mannaz. I spent a fair bit of time thinking about what I wanted to do with it, and the verdict I came to was the same as every paintjob I've done: learn from the experience, and don't try and correct everything.

I definitely wanted to improve the fur, it was the wrong colour, the actual technical painting was poor, and it detracted from the model.  I decided that I would leave it as a reminder and a lesson so that when I looked at Mannaz I would think about that technique and ways to improve it.

So I spent the time painting the little dangling rocks, adding a bit more colour into his hair, fixing up some of the straps, and so on, and just adding those final little touches.


Here is the finished model, with obligatory bad photos:





I think if not for the fur, this would probably be the best model I've painted to date.

1 comment:

  1. Love this paint job. The tattoo color is an awesome touch and contrasts quite nicely.

    ReplyDelete