Monday 31 October 2016

Kraken Part 3: Skin Tones

I've started on the skin tone for the Kraken model.  I have been struggling with skin recently, I felt like since I have started trying to paint seriously that I've gone through an evolution with skin where I did a really good job with it, and since then I've gotten progressively worse to the point now where every skin I paint looks like shit.

I have no idea what this is caused by.  I have introduced some new colours as my base tones for skin, so perhaps that is a contributing factor.  I need to really slow down and focus on each area and make sure I have enough contrast and clear understanding of the light direction.  And make it smoother.




I am on a timeline for painting this guy.  I have a commission I would like to get finished before my trip to Steamcon, but this guy obviously has to be finished for it also!  I have a bit of time up my sleeve as I am taking my paints with me on the trip, so I will be able to work a little bit on him overseas, but I'd like the majority of work to be completed.


Boring update I know, but I have just got back from a whirlwind trip interstate.  Had a blast, but back to the daily grind now!


No comments:

Post a Comment